Melissa High School Academic Expo & Course Registration
Current 8th grade students and parents/guardians are invited to attend a Scheduling Information Night for Incoming Freshmen at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8 at the Melissa Arts Center (Get Directions). Counselors will provide a brief overview of the scheduling process for freshmen, and there will be opportunities to speak with staff and ask questions.
Originally scheduled for Feb. 1, the Melissa High School Academic Expo was canceled due to the winter weather and hazardous road conditions, and will not be rescheduled. Students should utilize the Academic Planning Guide for their course planning.
Course Request Cards
The deadline for current 8th-11th grade students to turn in their course request card is Friday, Feb. 10. Course request cards can be downloaded below or by visiting the Academic Planning Guide.
📢 Helpful Tips
- Review the Academic Planning Guide to familiarize yourself with graduation requirements, course offerings, and the scheduling process.
- It’s important to take courses within your Endorsement area(s): Business & Industry, Arts and Humanities, Public Service, STEM, and/or Multidisciplinary.
- Determine the courses that interest you and visit those teachers to learn more about the courses.
- If you have questions about advanced or dual-credit courses visit with the teachers in English, Math, Science, and Social Studies, or the Counselors.
- Prioritize the elective courses you wish to take, with #1 being your top choice. Follow the instructions on your course request card as to how many choices to rank.
- Course request cards must be submitted by Feb. 10, 2023, to the following:
- Current 8th Grade – MMS Main Office
- Current 9th Grade – World Geography Teacher
- Current 10th Grade – World History Teacher
- Current 11th Grade – English III Teacher
📝 Course Request Cards